Fresh Start Program
If you are an undergraduate student at the University of Alberta and have received a "Required to Withdraw" (RTW) letter from your Faculty, the Fresh Start Program may be a way for you to re-establish satisfactory academic standing and apply to return to a regular program of study.
Coordinated by the University of Alberta Student Success Centre, the Fresh Start Program runs each year from September to April. Fresh Start students complete an online course and attend in person seminars that help them develop the skills required to succeed at university. They register in the Fresh Start Program within then Faculty of Open Studies and take a limited number of credit courses. The Fresh Start Program assists students in achieving two main goals:
- to re-establish satisfactory academic standing at the University of Alberta, and
- to regain eligibility for admission or readmission to a University of Alberta Faculty.
- Completion of the Fresh Start Program does not guarantee admission or readmission to any particular Faculty at the University of Alberta.
- Students may enroll in the Fresh Start Program one time only.
- Students may not apply for admission to the Fresh Start Program directly. If you have not received a "Required to Withdraw" letter from your faculty, and if you are experiencing academic difficulties, the Student Success Centre provides professional academic support to students at every level of achievement and in every program on campus.
Questions? Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 780-492-2682.
Registering for an Intake Session
Students referred by their Faculty should register for their Intake Session as soon as possible (registrations are booked on a “first come, first served” basis). Please allow up to two hours for the Intake Session. Space is limited, and students who delay their registration will have fewer available options for their Intake Session and credit course selection.
Students must complete an Intake Session for the Fresh Start Program by FRIDAY, JULY 28, 2017.
To register for an Intake Session, visit our registration website or click the button below and follow the steps to complete your registration.
Not in Edmonton? Find more options here, Step 2 of the Fresh Start application process.