Take all four or any combination of courses. Program details are listed below.
What is T2U?
T2U is an online workshop designed for grade 12 students (or any students set to begin university) to enhance their first-year experience by familiarizing them with parts of the university culture before they arrive.
If you have ever wondered what the U of A is like, or worried about getting lost on campus, where to meet people or how to deal with the stress of university exams, T2U will give you the answers and start you on your way.
T2U is offered through the U of A’s eClass online learning program. Students with a Campus Computing ID (or CCID) can login as soon as they have received their T2U registration confirmation.
T2U Registration: T2U costs $30 (GST included). You will have access to the course from April (prior to your first year) to April (at the end of your first year).
What is the Academic Communication Advantage?
The Academic Communication Advantage is a one-day workshop focused on the communication skills needed to be successful at a university level. You will learn:
- Learn how to develop and deliver dynamic, engaging presentations or speeches
- Tips and tricks on retaining and recalling what you want to say
- How to organize your presentation
- Verbal and non-verbal communication tips
- PowerPoint design and use
- Vocal techniques
- Strategies to be at ease while speaking in front of others
- Opportunity to practice presenting and receive feedback
Academic Communication Advantage Registration: The Academic Communication Advantage costs $100 (GST included), and includes one 30-minute consultation with a communication specialist. The Academic Communication Advantage is offered on the following dates:
- Saturday, September 14, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, September 21, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm