Presentations and Communication Workshops
Communication skills are crucial for many students when their success in a course depends on their ability to present information. Students come to us with any of the following concerns:
- feeling nervous about presenting to classmate, professors, or others
- struggling with planning a presentation and developing PowerPoint/Prezi material
- concerned that others do not listen to or appear bored with the information
- loss of sleep because of an upcoming candidacy, dissertation defense or in-class/conference presentation
- the desire to meet and connect with people while appearing confident and interesting
We help undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral fellows and faculty members in all university programs tackle these challenges. Completing a workshop on presenting or communications will equip you with the necessary overall strategy to succeed in these areas.
Learn how to develop and deliver dynamic, engaging presentations. This three-hour session covers presentation organization and formats, verbal and non-verbal communication tips, vocal techniques, PowerPoint design and use, and more.
Oral Defense of your Dissertation: Strategies for Success ($50)
Defending your dissertation is your opportunity to tell the world about your research and learning. Strengthen your communication skills by learning how to appear confident, answer questions appropriately, engage with your audience, and more. Recommended for graduate students.
Please note: Once you have completed one of our communication workshops, you can also receive expert help with any of these communication skills in an individual personalized appointment.